Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
758020 Job Summary
Electrician IV - R&S
Employer Job Id:
May 31, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
July 30, 2012
Electrician IV - R&S
- This individual will be responsible for electrical repairs, and maintaining electrical systems at Rail Unloading system, aggregate and asphalt plants. Individual must be familiar with motor control, NEC Code, PLC’s, and have experience with low and medium voltage starters. The individual must have a basic knowledge of electronics and strong knowledge of Federal, state, and local electrical codes, electrical theory, motor control. This individual must have the ability to trouble shoot electrical problems and be skilled in pipe bending. This individual will be required to drive a Company service truck.
- Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Performs pre-trip safety inspection of service truck at the beginning and end of the shift. Checks fluid levels. Drives to fuel island and fuels vehicle. Maintains pre-trip book. Operates 2-way radio to communicate with management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility’s electrical equipment.
- Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex electrical equipment including automatic machine and process controls, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, electronic controls, tape actuated controls and other equipment involving tube or transistor circuits.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective control modules, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and plant facilities including air compressors, nitrogen lines, and lighting systems.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions including building of carts and layout boards without prints.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and materials handling equipment in performing duties.
- Must be capable of wiring new offices.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report these and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit, using tools, such as hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Four years of formal technical training. Must have proven knowledge of the principles of electricity and electrical design. Two years of journeyman’s experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures from blueprints, schematics and sketches or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
Licensure and/or Certification:
- Must provide proof of apprenticeship.
- Must maintain a State of California driver license: Class C
Desired minimum qualifications:
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally; ability to observe proper safety precautions; ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public; ability to drive and operate equipment under varying conditions; ability to make independent judgments which have considerable impact on the organization.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List