Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
758694 Job Summary
Lead, Production Control Analyst
Employer Job Id:
Richland Center, WI
June 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 31, 2012
Lead, Production Control Analyst
- The Lead, Production Control Analyst (PCA) is responsible leading a team of Production Control Analysts engaged in procuring material and scheduling a production line to meet business and customer service goals. As a lead PCA, the expectation is that you will use proven leadership and change management skills to drive improvements in business performance related to inventory investment and production scheduling to meet customer expectations and business goals. Also, performing the day-to-day duties of a PCA is an expectation.
- The following activities fall under the Lead, PCA’s responsibility and are a main focus in this position.
- Develop PCA’s knowledge of the job and use of SAP, paying attention to developing soft skills, such as collaboration, accountability, and delegation.
- Document job aids for PCA roles and responsibilities for future training of new PCA’s.
- Improve metrics for the P&IC team, specifically fill rate, request met, STO compliance, and schedule attainment.
- Work closely with MPS to manage factory inputs and communicate schedule attainment back. Develop the ‘handshake’ between PCA’s and the MPS.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts with the PCA’s.
- Perform PCA duties for an assigned list of production lines.
- Production Control Analyst:
- Managing inventory planning parameters (Safety Stock, Re-order point quantities, Lot Size, Lead-time, etc..) such that the component and finished goods availability levels are in line with the monthly Sales & Operating Plan expectations.
- Develop plan to reduce leadtime to stay competitive in market place.
- Scheduling a production line to meet business goals of 93% on time to request met tracking.
- Monitor inventory levels and planning parameters in the distribution centers to ensure the stocking program will meet goal of 93% fill rate.
- Work closely with customer care on expedites.
- Reschedule Production Orders with realistic finish dates to ensure customer has updated acknowledgements on expected ship date.
- Monitor aging sales orders and work with appropriate groups to resolve issues stopping production or procurement of materials.
- Maintain clean master data on all parts related to assigned Material Requirements Planning Controller numbers.
- Work closely with Production Managers to review Finished Goods inventory and options for reworking into new parts.
- Convert requisitions daily.
- Work with vendors on a daily basis to return non-conforming materials.
- Review open log of problem Purchase Orders and resolve issues so Purchase Orders can be received.
- Work with accounts payable to ensure timely resolution of invoice problems related to quantity issues.
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering, or Bachelor's of Arts in Operations, Materials, or Business.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in material control/production planning in a high SKU environment.
- A minimum of three years using SAP and Excel (macros, formulas, etc.) are required.
- Evidence of analytical and programming aptitude.
- Advanced manufacturing systems planning knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Capable of obtaining APICS certification.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List