Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
758734 Job Summary
Administrative Assistant III
Employer Job Id:
June 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 31, 2012
Administrative Assistant III
- [Company] is seeking an Administrative Assistant III. This position will reside at the corporate office in Irving, Texas. The Administrative Assistant III position will provide administrative support to the Tax and Risk Management departments. [Company] is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks. Lehigh Hanson is part of the[Company] , the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. [Company] employs some 54,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Prepare and submit state SOS annual reports – track, and maintain records of all annual reports. Pay online using company credit card when necessary
- Corporate tax payments – process all tax payments (ACH and paper checks) for federal and state agencies. Maintain records of all payments made. Work with Accounts Payable to maintain/update payment request forms
- Vendor Invoices - enter PO's into system, track, and mail check if necessary, maintain files & spreadsheets
- Maintain entity Officer & Director lists – interact w/Legal Dept. for latest info
- Sort and distribute incoming mail. Forward mail incorrectly delivered to the tax department
- Outgoing mail – ensure mail is posted in timely manner with proper postal dates to avoid late filings. Possible requirement of going to post office, send overnight packages as required
- Scan tax documents into electronic storage on a weekly basis
- Prepare simple tax returns, as needed
- Process and mail tax returns prepared by tax department employees to ensure timely delivery by the statutory due dates
- Contact taxing authorities via letter/phone regarding select notices
- Order/maintain office supplies
- Schedule department meetings w/lunch order if required.
- P-card expense processing for JMH and other select dept. personnel
- Maintain paper record archiving through Iron Mountain
- Additional duties as needed to meet requirements of tax department
- Risk Management/Insurance Billing – Scanning, mailing checks to vendors, filing, billing support and maintaining cost of risk worksheet
- Filing and mailing as needed
- Processing overnight packages
- Reserve conference Rooms, ordering lunch and making reservation as needed.
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate environment
- Strong MS Word proficiency
- At least a basic proficiency with MS Excel
- Comfortable dealing with government agencies
- Good typing and data entry skills
- Ability to work well with other departments and develop productive, professional relationships
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List