Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
758749 Job Summary
Mechanic (Rental Shop)
Employer Job Id:
Apache Junction, AZ
June 1, 2012
July 31, 2012
Mechanic (Rental Shop)
- Repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire line allied machines, systems and components. Prepare equipment for delivery. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and failures of machine and engines systems, and their components. Work in adverse weather and other adverse shop and field situations presented by customer needs. Accept all out of town assignments requiring extended overnight stays. Communicate orally and in writing information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding equipment conditions, problems and recommendations.
- Troubleshoot, repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire allied machines, systems and power train components. Troubleshoot; diagnose malfunctions and failures of machines electrical, hydraulic and power train components. Must be able to identify and evaluate root cause failures through the use of electronic tools, schematics and other trouble shooting methods. Be able to demonstrate proper communication methods in order to effectively explain equipment conditions, machine status and recommendations, to customers, associates and management.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire , Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Basic computer and internet knowledge is required, as well as knowledge in operating scanning/diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent attendance.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
- Completion of TRAIN test evaluation.
- Must have knowledge of Caterpillar and Allied machine components and systems.
- Must have own and maintain required personal tools.
- Demonstrated technical skill competence.
- Must have knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List