Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
759043 Job Summary
Health and Safety Manager
Employer Job Id:
Field Based - USA
June 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 31, 2012
Health and Safety Manager
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
- The Health and Safety Manager will lead and coordinate Safety activities for [Company] Ammonium Nitrate (AN) and Urea Operations to ensure they are conducted in compliance with legislation, corporate policies and customer & community expectations. This position will provide the framework for improving operational H&S performance to achieve our value of Zero Harm to Everyone, Everywhere.
- May work in any of [Company] AN/Urea Manufacturing sites in the United States or the Corporate office. To include: Salt Lake City - UT, Cheyenne - WY, Donora - PA, Louisiana - MO, or St. Helens - OR.
- Coordinate and lead the activities of the H&S team for [Company] America Ammonium Nitrate and Urea Manufacturing Operations
- Advocate and champion a strong Health & Safety culture
- Mentor line managers with respect to appropriate safety leadership behaviors
- Ensure implementation of the H&S elements of the Global HSE management system
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate behavioral modification programs
- Facilitate the development and implementation of DNA AN H&S Plan and overview site plans (with line management) and monitor performance against plans
- Assess H&S training needs and assist in delivery as appropriate
- Compile, analyze and interpret H&S statistics for the DNA AN
- Review, share and implement key learnings from events/incidents
- Develop, implement and facilitate delivery of corporate or manufacturing programs, coordinating with the VP HSE Global Manufacturing and the Safety networks as appropriate
- Ensure Emergency Response Teams are in place and are trained and competent
- Manage the Assurance process for this part of the business
- Identify resources requirements to deliver Zero Harm
- Develop and maintain the Manufacturing element of the Global HSE MS (High Risk Standards)
- Ensure local work instructions & procedures are maintained and up to date
- Provide support to the Company Auditor as required, review and provide input to site audit schedules and ensure audits of activities & facilities are completed to schedule
- Facilitate sharing of experience and good practices across the IPL businesses through active participation in the Regional Safety Network
- Develop long-term relationships with senior and line managers and local regulators
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management.
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Safety Management or equivalent
- Minimum 10 yrs. related experience, including a minimum of 3 years in Safety & Health leadership or Operational leadership in heavy manufacturing or chemical industry
- Sound knowledge of Management Systems, Auditing processes and behavioral safety programs
- The Health & Safety Manager DNA AN Manufacturing assists IPL in achieving its business objectives by providing support in the area of Occupational Health & Safety, with the objective of continuously improving safety performance through the application of leadership, systems, behaviors, process, reporting and constructive influence on people.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List