Evolution Mining is a leading growth-focused Australian mid-cap gold producer with five Australian gold projects across QLD and WA, a defined growth pathway, significant & exciting exploration potential and a strong financial position.
- Excellent salary package and excellent company benefits
- Drive in Drive out roster, 8 days on 6 days off, 12 hour days
- Great Team environment
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent the Mine Engineer will assist with management and communication of drill and blast designs, while ensuring that procedures are safe at all times.
You will be accountable to maintain drill stocks and scheduling for both daily and weekly drill targets. To ensure that schedules and production targets are met, you will be required to work closely with the geology, survey and other mining departments.
As a key role in the engineering department this role has evolved to manage the numerous opportunities that the mine currently has with the numerous ore bodies.
To be Successful
To be considered for this role you must have the ability to demonstrate the following:-
- 5 years’ experience in mining, of which at least 3 years must be in Open Pit mining.
- Tertiary qualifications in mining engineering or similar.
- Working knowledge of drill and blast functionality.
- Ability to assist to lead, manage and execute a wide range of projects including those related to infrastructure.
- Actively contribute to improvements in regards to safety culture and processes to ensure ongoing, practical improvements in safe work practices.
- Exhibiting the Evolution’s values and actively promoting safe behaviours.
- A strong focus and adherence to safety, and continuous improvement.
Edna May Gold Project Edna May Gold Project is conveniently positioned just two kilometers from the town of Westonia, on the eastern edge of WA’s Wheat-belt region. The mine is half way between Perth and Kalgoorlie and ideally situated to be serviced by either of these major mining centers. Edna May employs around 150 people including contractors. The workforce can choose to live locally in Westonia, Merredin or surrounding regional communities or DIDO (drive in drive out) from Perth, on company provided transport. There is a newly built accommodation village offering modern ensuite (single) rooms with quality meals.