Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
759527 Job Summary
HSE Senior Specialist, Site Management
Employer Job Id:
June 2, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 1, 2012
HSE Senior Specialist, Site Management
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- The purpose of this position is to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
- Maintains a working knowledge of Company specific HSE standards, programs and goals by learning and applying HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training.
- Ensures project site adheres to company and regulatory HSE standards and guidelines
- Conducts onsite risk assessment and mitigation
- Studies design reviews, calculations and models including, as examples, hydrology calculations and dispersion models using standard techniques and guidelines in order to address possible HSE impact
- Promotes and fosters HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Administers a specific function like maintaining HSE-specific project files on testing for substance abuse, collecting environmental or health samples, or providing personal protective equipment to project personnel
- Creates, administers and monitors HSE programs involving all levels of employees on the project or in the office through presentations, printed materials, and activities
- Monitors HSE programs by creating summaries/reports/presentations for HSE management and makes recommendations based on interpretations
- Supports preparation of HSE sections in the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and the Project Procedures Manual (PPM) for a project
- Provides input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining knowledge of current guidelines and regulations
- Provides support in the development of HSE project plans and development of HSE specifications
- Conducts surveys, audits, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals including project environmental data collection and documentation
- Prepares and maintains reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals
- Other related duties/functions as assigned
- On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather and/or
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace
Basic Job Requirements
- High School diploma
- Four (4) years of HSE related experience
Other Job Requirements
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List