Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
759753 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 4, 2012
Our customer in southwestern Ontario is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to be part of their team in the development of new products and systems for use in the defense industry.
Working closely with customers and industry partners, you will develop, prototype, test and ensure production readiness of parts, assemblies and systems. Hands on experience in a prototyping environment is essential as all of our designers take part in the initial production of their designs. This type of environment demands a creative and experienced individual, where a challenge is the motivation to get the job done.
The position requires the following skills or experience:
- 3D modeling (using Solid Works 2012)
- Understanding of fundamental design calculations and techniques
- Experience with Human Factors Engineering (HFE) design and verification methods
- Knowledge of Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (or similar FMVSS)
- Finite Element Analysis (using Cosmos, Ansys or Autodyn)
- Experience with fundamental strength calculations
- Proficient in blue print reading, welding processes and symbols as well as geometric tolerances
- Ability to develop weld fixtures and other manufacturing tooling
- Knowledge of heat treatment of metals
- Ability to develop work instructions and procedures
- Knowledge of surface treatments for adhesion or environmental protection
- General machining skills and sheet metal experience
- Knowledge of advanced Fiber Reinforced Plastics (Glass, Carbon, Aramid)
- Knowledge of typical test equipment and analysis of test results
- Technical report writing experience
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Understanding of quality procedures in accordance with ISO 9001
- Comply with the company Health & Safety rules and regulations in accordance with the Act.
- Other duties as required
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 3D modeling using Solid Works
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Prototype design and testing experience
- Systems Integration experience
- Project management experience (team or individual)
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List