Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
760592 Job Summary
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Employer Job Id:
August 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 21, 2012
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
About the Job
- At[Company] , our goal is to be the best company in the world! Alcoa is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. [Company] serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Alcoa's businesses as a single solution to customers.
- Responsible for managing programs, policies and practices related to environmental and safety compliance, technical EHS support, documentation and data control, asset security, emergency response, loss prevention, and workers' compensation cost control.
- Acts as the facility coordinator and primary contact for internal customers and external agencies for all environmental, health, safety, and related matters.
- Provides direction and technical support for environmental, safety, and health policies, programs and practices. Develops, recommends and implements programs to assure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations. Interfaces with Division and Corporate EH&S contacts regarding initiatives, policies, programs and practices.
- Manages safety, health, and environmental activities including policy development and implementation, documentation, reporting, training, permits, manifests, and third-party interface. Fosters a positive and proactive safety, health, and environmental climate throughout the Division.
- Provides oversight for wastewater treatment, environmental laboratory operations, and hazardous materials operations, ensuring that all requirements are met to avoid incidents, violations, and fines.
- Leads and facilitates the plant Health, Safety and Environmental Committee, ensuring adequate representation of factory employees, regular meetings, and proactive responses to identified issues.
- Manages local, state and federal health and safety regulatory compliance. Maintains familiarity with regulations. Develops and implements compliance strategies to avoid liabilities. Interfaces with regulatory agency officials to provide effective representation for the Company.
- Manages loss prevention programs, coordinating workers compensation cases with Human Resources. Acts as the primary contact for all employees on accident reporting, investigation and hazard elimination. Tracks activity for lost work time, return to work initiatives, and restricted duty provisions.
- Develops and administers EHS training and communication programs such as HAZCOM, HAZMAT, confined space, personal protective equipment, MSDS, and Job Safety Analysis. Tracks and records all training programs and prepares annual training plans.
- Facilitates new hire safety and environmental orientation and contractor safety orientation programs. Acts as the primary contact for facility and grounds security and access. Acts as the emergency evacuation coordinator for the facility.
- Oversees introduction of new processes, machinery, and equipment into operational status from an EHS perspective. Ensures completion of hazard assessment prior to new introductions and confirms that remediation of identified exposures are corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintains technical EHS documentation databases to ensure that information is current, understandable, and accessible to end-users. Provides training on new and revised EHS documents to facilitate understanding and proper application of information provided.
- Leads standing and ad hoc committees developed to deal with a wide range of EHS issues. May chair committees to facilitate activities or serve in the capacity as technical resource provider.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers through preparation of technical programs, trouble shooting, product and process selection and application consulting, issuance of technical test reports, and coordinating technical communications on EHS issues.
- Participates on internal and external EHS organizations and committees to maintain required contacts and exchange of information.
- Acts as internal consultant on EHS matters, providing guidance and direction on development and implementation of solutions, products, and process improvements. Participates in review and disposition of EHS issues and concerns and ensures attainment and maintenance of required certifications.
- Participates in business strategy planning in areas related to EHS matters.
- When performing any tasks involving hazardous chemicals or hazardous wastes, follow the regulations and requirements of SPCC Plan, RCRA regulations and operating procedures involving hazardous chemicals outlined in the AFS Fastener Environmental Management System.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Alcoa Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Alcoa Business Systems manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Safety Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field.
- Seven to ten years’ experience managing environmental, safety and health, and technical programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Broad knowledge of local, state, and federal EHS regulations.
- Thoroughly experienced in EHS inspection and audit processes, acquisition of permits, and interaction with regulators.
- Strong knowledge of data management techniques. AFS products and markets. Must have the ability to work effectively with Production & Maintenance personnel to secure voluntary compliance with health, safety, and environmental program elements.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple, diverse work assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Appropriate professional certifications are highly desirable; is preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education which has imparted the required knowledge, skill and ability.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List