- Based in Bunbury SW Western Australia
- Salaries are equivalent to those on offer in capital cities
- Mid-sized firm with strong focus on culture, community and quality
Your skills as a Civil Engineer are required by a highly regarded consulting engineering company in South West Western Australia. Specialising in road, civil, structural, and geotechnical engineering, they have a strong commitment to quality. Quality in the level of staff employed, quality in the level of work offered to their clients and quality in the level of workplace conditions. You will work closely with clients across regional WA ranging from residential, to commercial, to infrastructure and mining.
As a Civil Engineer you will have a pivotal role in the success of the practice from managing teams across both routine and specialised roads, earthworks and drainage design work, with occasional site supervision. As this is a critical role you will be looked upon to lead by example. You will be expected to manage contracts, tenders and contractors. You will also be expected to be comfortable mentoring and training to develop skills and knowledge of other engineers in the office.
Being a medium-sized consultancy you will work on a variety of projects in close proximity to your team, manager and clients. Their key focus is on building the team with the right combination of personality, culture, quality, commitment and initiative.
Your functions will include but not be limited to:
- Working closely with existing and potential clients
- Preparation, presentation and management of contracts and tenders
- Managing contractors to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards, and achievement of time and budget conditions
- Preparing and conducting fieldwork
- Leading project teams, including mentoring, development and reviewing work
- Implementing and managing quality and technical standards
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- 5-10 (prefer 10+ years) years professional experience as Civil Engineer
- Experience mentoring junior staff
This role will suit you if you want to be closer to your clients, have more responsibility, and enjoy working on diverse projects. As this is a medium-sized practice your cultural fit is very important; you must enjoy being part of a team, helping out junior staff and mucking in.
Based in a vibrant regional centre you can expect a lifestyle that is less stressful than any other capital city, with a great work-life balance. Salaries are comparable to those on offer in capital cities. This is a career choice not a short-term move.