Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
761879 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 7, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 6, 2012
Our client, a global mining and minerals development company with integrated mining and process operations located in Sudbury Ontario, is engaged in a major infrastructure engineering and construction project with expected completion mid-2015. At this critical stage and until project completion, our client has a key opening for an experienced Project Buyer, preferably with procurement experience in Construction or Warehouse and Receiving environments.
The Project Buyer will work closely with and support the Procurement Lead. The buyer will assist and in many cases facilitate the Request for Quotation and tendering process and will select and manage suppliers with an emphasis on continual improvements to cost, quality, service and delivery. This person will work closely with Project Controls, Engineering, Commissioning, HSE and Construction as well as other services providers to ensure that our client’s contracts requirements are followed during project execution and the procurement procedures and safeguards are effectively implemented. The Buyer will provide purchasing services to the project team following the corporate guidelines, project procedures, and company values, principles and policies.
This position is based in Sudbury, Ontario and is a fixed-term contract position.
- Fulfill the requirements of on-site Health, Safety and Environmental Programs
- Prepare bid specifications, analyze quotes, evaluate products and services and award purchase orders consistently within a team environment, while following the operating procedures
- Implement strategies to meet budget goals through leveraging of requirements with other Project partners spend with leading suppliers, negotiation, analysis techniques
- Perform required expediting with suppliers to ensure fast track project schedules are met. This may involve visits to suppliers to evaluate progress
- Provide decision criteria, advice and direction to Site Buying personnel as they execute and manage deviations/non-conformances to the orders, invoices, etc., including supporting the prioritization of their workloads
- Ensure an efficient and conflict free daily interface between team members and suppliers by administering contracts and resolving problems in delivery, scheduling, scope changes, pricing issues and quality concerns
- Evaluate supplier performance and communicate supplier performance record and appropriate recognition or corrective actions to suppliers. Conduct supplier assessments as required
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with stakeholder groups; i.e.: suppliers, Cost Control, safety and trades
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years purchasing experience
- College Degree in Business or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial) or equivalent
- Certification in a professional association (CPP, CMA, CGA) is an asset
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency with computer software programs such as MS Office (Word, Access, Outlook), and ideally Oracle
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. This includes strong persuasive skills, analytical skills, and assertiveness, ability to work under pressure, proactive and innovative
- Demonstrated facilitation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong negotiation, financial cost analysis, time and project management skills
- Familiarity with QA/QC requirements on new construction projects
- Conflict resolution and an understanding of contract law and purchasing terms and conditions
- Knowledge of logistics, and a strong understanding of site construction
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List