Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
762695 Job Summary
Technical Sales Manager
Employer Job Id:
June 7, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 6, 2012
Technical Sales Manager
- The[Company] , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, [Company] offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. [Company] employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to [Company] not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Technical Sales Manager - Minnesota/South Dakota Location?
- We are currently seeking a Technical Sales Manager for our Southern Minnesota and South Dakota region. The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for creating a market for and driving sales of premium fertilizer products by assigned sales territory. This role will manage the market creation process to meet established goals and long term strategies and regional business plans around premium products
What will you do?
- Develop and execute annual Premium Product Sales and marketing Plan for the sales territory. Evaluate opportunities for growth of Premium Product sales and manage customer selective distribution strategy by region. Coordinate between marketing and customer an effective marketing plan to achieve business goals on Premium Products. Work with Account managers, Product Line, Agronomy, Marketing and other functional areas to determine "go to market" model. Develop accurate forecast by customer with Account Managers and customers that culminates in signing of Premium Product Agreements and ex-space agreements in a timely fashion for each fiscal year.
- Develop and communicate a value proposition based on current customer segmentation, market trends, strategy and collection of testimonials and local results. Day to day customer training revolving around premium products including: Product knowledge and positioning, portfolio alignment, agronomic positioning, value proposition and sustaining the value of premium products within each market segment and area.
- Develop annual calendar of activities for the promotional and training activities by customer/region. Organize and participate in technical and promotional field days, customer related events, and Mosaic conferences/forums. Support and develop promotional materials and campaigns by customer/region.
- Work in conjunction with account managers to create weekly competing products analysis, budgets, forecast and customer data transfer back to sales team and other functional areas.
- Other job duties and projects as assigned, including coordinating DCA systems with quality team within the territory.
- Bachelor‘s degree required. Major in Ag Business, Marketing, Agronomy or Soil Science preferred.
- CCA preferred.
- Three years of high level sales and/or marketing experience
- Strong background with proven success in proprietary products or technology driven markets such as traits, specialized agronomic products and/or services.
- Strong agronomic understanding.
- Retail experience and or vast understanding of retail trends and business operation.
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Exceptional customer relationships skills and adept at developing trust through listening and responsiveness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation and training skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Remote office within the assigned region required.
- Ability to travel at least 60 – 70% of the time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List