Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
762696 Job Summary
Senior Financial Analyst
Employer Job Id:
June 7, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 6, 2012
Senior Financial Analyst
- The[Company] , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, [Company] offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. [Company] employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to [Company] not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Senior Financial Analyst?
- We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for our Plymouth, MN location. The Senior Financial Analyst will work with the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to complete forecasting, budgeting and analysis related to financial performance and decision support for the consolidated Mosaic Company and will also provide financial analysis and decision support to senior management on various strategic business initiatives.
What will you do?
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Function as a key partner to the business with responsibility for financial analysis and decision support. Provide financial planning and analysis expertise on all operational and strategic initiatives. Participate in M&A initiatives as necessary, which will include financial modeling of potential acquisitions and due diligence analysis. Evaluate and challenge as appropriate the economics of capital projects and other investment opportunities. Prepare analysis of capital projects, post implementation. Participate in the monthly analysis of financial results, including financial reviews with the business segments. Participate in the evaluation of related processes for best practice solutions. Challenge the business and provide forward thinking approach to business solutions which increase profitability and maximize cash flow.
- Budgeting/Forecasting: Participate in the review, analysis and preparation of the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes. Review and analyze the tracking and monitoring of actual performance versus budget and forecast. Prepare reports summarizing expected results for senior management. Challenge the business to ensure the budgets/forecasts are set aggressively, yet realistically. Prepare forecast outlooks as needed based on changing business conditions. Participate in the evaluation of related processes for best practice solutions – better ways to utilize SAP in the forecasting and budgeting process.
- Special Projects: Prepare “ad hoc” projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the finance area of a large, SEC-reporting public company, which must include at least 3 years at the senior staff level.
- Experience with discounted cash flow modeling, budgeting and forecasting preferred.
- Experience in the financial planning and analysis area of an international chemical manufacturing and/or mining company is a definite plus; however, any product-based experience in a similarly scaled entity is acceptable.
- Proficiency with financial modeling, including discounted cash flows.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Experience with Monte Carlo Simulation analysis preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to maintain the “big picture” while also being able to “drill down” into the detailed analysis as needed.
- Ability to effectively work and build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Adept at meeting established deadlines.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List