Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
762963 Job Summary
Project Safety Lead
Employer Job Id:
June 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 7, 2012
Project Safety Lead
Our client, a global mining and minerals development company with integrated mining and process operations located in Sudbury Ontario, is engaged in a major ($2B CAD) infrastructure, engineering and construction project with expected completion mid-2015. Currently and until time of project completion, our client requires the services of a Project Safety Lead to support the owner’s team and client’s EPCM on this important project.
The primary role of the incumbent will be to provide support and training to staff to coordinate the development and implementation of the Project’s Environmental Health and Safety Management System and to provide advice and assistance to enable the Owner’s and EPCM teams to achieve zero harm at the construction site. The incumbent will be responsible to assist with the development and implement a number of programs and plans prior to construction and commissioning. They will work closely with the EPCM team, to ensure they understand and follow the applicable legislative requirements, as well as the Company’s Programs and Rules. Also monitor that the EPCM team is complying with the SHE requirements of the project, by auditing performance vs the HSE Plan for compliance, and effectiveness of safety programs, policies and procedures in the field.
- Assist the project team and other stakeholders with interpretation of Company Systems and rules, assist in communication with Plant SHE resources
- Field visits to site to ensure compliance to Regulations, Company standards, and the project SHE program
- Coordinate the field implementation and management of the specific Clean AER SHE Execution Plan for Construction and Commissioning, including related project commitments
- Conduct field assurance audits for key risk controls to assess effectiveness
- Conduct audits of the safety activities of the EPCM vs the safety programs in the SHE program
- Tracking of responses, and flagging/challenging where responses are backlogged, or inappropriate
- Coaching of individuals in the project within the principles and values behind the SafeProduction philosophy and project values
- Regular interaction and advice to EPCM personnel and workplace sites
- Participation and/or review of investigations as assigned, for appropriate and timely response
- Participation in review of accuracy of project KPIs for SHE
- Monitor the Projects MOL Correspondence and track project responses. Flag concerns with content or timeliness to PM owners team
- Review Health programs of the EPCM vs legislation for compliance, as well as follow-up to workplace concerns / exceedances
- Updating and modification of safety related documents and tools for stakeholders as required
- Audit EPCM compliance and readiness on emergency preparedness (training, knowledge and drills)
- In conjunction with project management, EPCM and/or project contractors, coordinate thorough investigation of all incidents and actively participate in higher risk safety incidents and coordinate audits to eliminate conditions that have potential negative environmental impacts to the project
Education and Experience:
- Relevant 2 to 3 year College Diploma
- Certification - CSSP or Equivalent
- Minimum 7 to 10 years Project Safety experience on Heavy Industrial Construction Projects
This position is based in Sudbury, Ontario and is a contract position with expected duration to approximately mid 2015
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List