Our client, a global mining and minerals development company with integrated mining and process operations located in Sudbury Ontario, is engaged in a major ($2B CAD) infrastructure, engineering and construction project with expected completion mid-2015. Currently and until time of project completion, our client requires the services of a Document Control Supervisor to support the owner's team and client's EPCM on this important project.
The primary role of this position is to implement procedures and coordinate the document creating and filing requirements with administrative staff and project personnel, to ensure that project records are maintained, including the identification, classification, filing, retrieval, and distribution of project data using company's document management software.
The Project Document Control Supervisor is a Project Owner Team member reporting to the Project Controls Manager, and will provide a records management role associated with the execution of the project including implementation of established PDS (Project Delivery System) procedures for document control on the project including communications planning and interface procedures to ensure compatibility with the EPCM consultant’s systems.
Incumbent will oversee the document control function for projects including:
- The identification, classification, filing, and retrieval of electronic data.
- Implementing and maintaining established PDS procedures for document control on the project, including communications planning, and interface procedures.
- Actively seeking the document usage and access requirements of project team members to make sure that everyone can effectively find and collaborate and review documents
- Implementation of established document control tools, which will include the Document Management System, transmittal systems and various project applications
- Training of project team members in the use of the document control procedures and tools, and ensure that the project team understands document control procedures.
- Any ad-hoc requests as required by the Project Controls Manager.
- EPCM Project experience on long-term projects and working on an Owner's Team is an asset.
This position is based in Sudbury, Ontario and is a contract position with expected duration to approximately mid 2015.