Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
763644 Job Summary
Project Controls Supervisor
Employer Job Id:
June 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 7, 2012
Project Controls Supervisor
- [Company] has an exciting new opportunity in the Denver area for a Project Controls Supervisor for Federal construction and environmental projects. Our client is relocating to Denver and looking for the sharpest and brightest Colorado has to offer. Opportunities for travel and high level government projects exist, as well as opportunity for advancement.
- This position is responsible for the training and supervision of the Project Controls Accountants (PCAs) in our Denver office and assisting the PCAs with their responsibilities of providing project-specific administrative and accounting activities, including assisting Project Managers (PMs) with financial management of their projects and providing support, review, analysis and reports necessary for effective financial control and monitoring.
- Train and supervise PCAs and assist them with their job responsibilities, which include the following.
- Travel regularly to multiple project sites on short-notice, work extended hours to meet aggressive project deliverable requirements and work in project locations for the duration of the project.
- Arrange travel and lodging accommodations for project team, including rotations.
- Assist with bid solicitation and budget setup on new projects.
- Prepare standard bid analysis documentation and source justifications to support source selection.
- Create POs, place orders and coordinate with company buyers for equipment and materials.
- Assist with administrative setup of project sites.
- Work in project trailer and interact with project/client staff on a daily basis.
- Track and code project costs in a database daily/weekly in accordance with scope and contract requirements.
- Review time sheets, certified payrolls and vendor/subcontractor invoices for accuracy and in accordance with the contract.
- Obtain Project Manager approval on project costs and forward expenses/timesheets to Accounting at least weekly by published deadlines.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and subcontractors to ensure timely access to data needed to support expenses.
- Prepare Job Cost Reclassifications for project expenses not coded/posted properly.
- Reconcile project costs database to accounting and p-card systems weekly.
- Prepare project billings for customer and Accounting.
- Assist PMs with Estimates to Complete (ETC).
- Manage financial project close out process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in accounting, business or finance. Will consider a combination of education and experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of professional office/administrative experience, project controls and cost tracking with an emphasis on accounting, subcontractor cost and change management.
- Excellent written, oral and computer skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with basic accounting, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve, make decisions and be very detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, identify critical tasks and coordinate efforts with project personnel.
- Ability to work flexible and long hours (frequently more than 40 hours/week) to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with project and customer staff.
- Must have valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have clean background check and good supervisory references.
- Must pass drug/alcohol screening.
- Project Coordinator
- Managing Projects
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List