Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
763745 Job Summary
Chief of Staff
Employer Job Id:
Salt Lake City, UT
June 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 7, 2012
Chief of Staff
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
- Manage operating processes of the business including scheduling meetings, taking minutes and following up on action items.
- Manage and serve as a consultant on special projects as required by President or North American business team.
- Manage strategic planning process and presentation materials for IPL and Board of Directors.
- Manage and delegate special projects and operating processes of the business as assigned by President.
- Work directly with President throughout the day, and on calls within reasonable after hours--as necessary to assist with business and/or personal matters.
- Manage operating committees and decision boards on behalf of President.
- Manage special projects to assist executive management with key business initiatives.
- Manage strategic plan process and presentation for DNA.
- Assist with analyzing merger and acquisition targets.
- Assist with RFP/RFI for our key accounts.
- Assist with preparation of the five year business strategy.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and speeches.
- Communicate on behalf of the President via phone and email.
- Decision Making Authority:
- Decides how and when to present corporate issues to ensure that they are considered, appropriate action is taken, and the results are communicated in a timely manner.
- Establishment of best practice for execution of responsibilities.
- Must have an intimate understanding of organizational hierarchy, company culture, and functional structure.
- Effectively manage multiple relationships and responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- MBA from accredited institution required. Commercial and marketing experience preferred.
- Experience: 3-4 years in a professional/business environment.
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Extremely proficient in the use of schedule tracking/management software.
- Skilled in proofreading, and editing.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex material.
- High level of business professionalism and acumen.
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to embrace change in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with popular forms of social media.
- Self-directed/Proactive/Naturally entrepreneurial.
- Ability to anticipate needs and respond rapidly as challenges surface and prioritize accordingly.
- High level of analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Ability to manage confidential material, including personal business/personal matters.
- High level of diplomacy, tact and discretion.
Work Environment & Physical Conditions:
- Work in an office environment.
- Long periods of computer and office machine use.
- Requires sitting, stooping and kneeling for filing, use of hands and fingers, ability to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances.
- The employee may need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List