Fugro GEOS is the world's leading supplier of meteorological and oceanographic (metocean) services for offshore and coastal engineering applications. Operating on a global basis with offices in UK, USA, UAE, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore and Australia, we offer metocean solutions through cost-effective, high quality and technically advanced measurement, consultancy, information systems, forecasting services and specialised structural engineering.
The Offshore Systems Division of Fugro GEOS specialises in the design, build, commissioning and service of real-time data acquisition and monitoring systems for the oil and gas sector. Due to a rapidly expanding workload we are looking to recruit a Project Manager.
This challenging role based in our Wallingford, UK office will encompass varied responsibilities, the key aspects of which are:
• The overall financial management of a variety of workshop system builds and offshore systems projects with the goal of meeting project deadlines and budgets while ensuring the highest quality customer service.
• Monitor project performance and identify variations
• Liaise with processing and reporting department on project report requirements
• Planning of project operations and co-ordination of staff resources, equipment and logistics to support projects located across the SE Asian region.
• Day to day management of projects ensuring that all contractual obligations are met
• Establish project procedures, Project Safety Plan and budgets
• Conduct project briefing including project specific HSE subjects
• Liaise with clients
• Instruct technical support staff on requirements for projects
• Provide remote support to on-site field staff
• Occasional offshore travel will be required
• Undertake contract monthly financial accruals
• Clear career progression opportunities
• Take an active role in all QA & HSE relating to projects and overhead work
The candidate we have in mind is flexible, has an accurate work practice and a hands-on mentality.
Key aspects are:
• Candidates must have a diploma or university degree in engineering, instrumentation, oceanography or a related discipline.
• Demonstrate proficiency working within the commercial offshore environment, of which 3+ years must be working within the Oil & Gas industry.
• A minimum of 3 years project management experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Be conversant with equipment and software in use, and be a team player with excellent communication skills
What we offer
This is a permanent full time post. Benefits include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private health care and 24 days annual leave and subsidised restaurant.
Contact person Mary Smith