Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
763783 Job Summary
Senior Systems Engineer
Employer Job Id:
June 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 7, 2012
Senior Systems Engineer
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] is a world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art, turnkey systems for radio spectrum monitoring and management, radio direction finding, and communications intelligence collection applications. [Company] was founded in 1968 and has approximately 100 employees. [Company] is a whole owned subsidiary of[Company] .
- A hands-on lead system engineer that will actively participate in the top-level configuration of radio systems for communications, spectrum monitoring, direction finding, and signal acquisition and analysis. May assist in providing leadership/oversight to systems engineers, technicians and designers and interacts with software design team to create a finished product. May assist Marketing & Sales department with definition of product specifications and preparation of technical and price proposals.
- Participates in architecting and designing systems.
- Creates of Bills of Material, block diagrams, etc.
- Assists with directing activities of electronic RF hardware & mechanical design staff.
- Defines custom modifications of products for specific customer requirements.
- Liaises between Engineering, Production, and Marketing/Sales staffs.
- Participates in the development of test plans and procedures for customer acceptance.
- BSEE, with emphasis in RF communication system design, MSEE preferred.
- 8+years’ experience in system design of computer-controlled radio communications systems with emphasis in equipment used in LF through SHF bands.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on role.
- Extensive knowledge of analog/RF system design from DC to 30 GHz.
- Ability to analyze and interpret system requirements and performance specifications, and determine/characterize specific hardware specifications necessary to meet them.
- Strong familiarity with electronic equipment manufacturing and test methods.
- Basic financial skills to analyze and manage product and program costs.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean or 5S principles strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, direct, motivate and performance manage a systems design engineering staff.
- Good technical writing and speaking skills required.
- Ability to work with Marketing and Sales staff to assist in proposal preparation and customer presentations.
- Ability to coordinate and manage activities of System Engineering, Programs, and Production departments, and liaise with Marketing, Contract, and Accounting departments.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List