Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
763786 Job Summary
Field Service Supervisor
Employer Job Id:
June 8, 2012
August 7, 2012
Field Service Supervisor
- SPX is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- SPX Heat Transfer is a leading manufacturer of heat transfer equipment serving the power generation industry. Our products, branded as Yuba feedwater heaters and Ecolaire condensers, have earned a reputation for quality for more than fifty years.
- The primary purpose of this position is to act as the main point of contact for the customer for all field service related activities such as on-site equipment installations, start-up of company equipment and repair or alterations of heat transfer products. The incumbent is also responsible for troubleshooting SPX Heat Transfer equipment problems both in-house and at the customer’s location. The successful incumbent acts in a professional manner, striving to meet or exceed customer expectations for quality, professional and efficient service. The incumbent strives to ensure that each job is completed safely, timely and efficiently, within budget and is focused on quality and customer satisfaction. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that installation of company equipment is completed under experienced leadership and direction. The Filed Service Supervisor will be responsible for coordination of activities in multiple SPX Heat transfer facilities and product lines. Incumbent may be involved in procurement of subcontracted services and execution of those services at the customer’s facilities. The Field Service Supervisor will directly supervise Field Service employees.
- Supervise start-up and repair of company products, both in-house and at customer’s locations
- Assist other service personnel with troubleshooting and repair of equipment problems
- Train customers and SPX Heat Transfer employees on equipment operation, maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, repair and application
- Assist customers, manufacturing and engineering in identifying and correcting problems with SPX Heat Transfer equipment and parts
- Recommend appropriate action and maintain on-going awareness of warranty claims
- Review and manage risk assessment of potential Customer claims situations
- Recommend and or perform on-site preventative maintenance and verify operational quality of SPX products
- Perform start-up, warranty, paid service and service contract activities
- Document and provide timely and detailed reports of all activities
- Prepare and conduct customer meetings and communicate with customers both orally and in writing.
- This role involves both domestic and (occasional )international travel. Approximately 20-40% to start.
- Provide customer assistance answering questions/resolving problems involving SPX Heat Transfer products; develop working relationship with customer maintenance personnel
- Furnish service assistance on job-site; work with customer’s engineers and subcontractors to install equipment; maintain tools and equipment for field work
- Provide written reports covering all field service contracts; recommend design improvements based on field experiences
- Provide technical and engineering solutions to solve customer difficulties
- Assist Field Service Representatives with estimating and executing technical service projects
- Review and finalize Service Representatives’ internal/Customer report submittals
- Supervise Field Services employees
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 5 years related field service engineering experience, preferably in a shell and tube pressure vessel manufacture, installation and operation environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in the design of pressure vessel equipment
- Experience implementing NBIC rules and regulations as it relates to repairs and alterations of pressure vessels.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of feed water heaters and steam surface condensers
- General knowledge of operating systems of electricity generating power plants
- Thorough knowledge of heat exchanger design and manufacturing techniques, construction materials and applications.
- Extensive experience in on site construction/equipment installation activities management
- Shop and construction site safety trained and possess the ability to train
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Able to multi task and assign work efficiently and effectively
- Knowledge and application of safety standards
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interface with personnel at all levels within and external to the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer abilities (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point; ERP)
- Skilled in root cause and long term corrective action assessment with a focus on continuous improvement and costs savings
- Knowledge of welding processes, post weld heat treatment, pressure vessel inspection/testing and all manner of NDE processes
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List