Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
763810 Job Summary
Foreman Sr. - Paving
Employer Job Id:
June 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 7, 2012
Foreman Sr. - Paving
- Supervise craft employees assigned to a construction paving crew. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
- Supervise assigned crew members to ensure tasks are safely and productively completed in a timely manner with a high quality finished product.
- Prioritize, schedule and communicate plans and tasks to crew members.
- Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, trucking and equipment requirements, and traffic control needs.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of crew members to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
- Complete employee time cards to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Maintain positive relationship with other departments, as required, to support construction schedule.
- Promote positive public relations and image.
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Exercise proper care, maintenance and operation of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, project plans, specifications, special provisions and phases needed to complete the project.
- Equipment and tools needed for the project.
- Materials required for the project.
- Haul time to the job in order to efficiently plan trucking requirements.
- Communication hand signals.
- Learn, follow and enforce [Company] company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate operations.
- Plan ahead.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of crew members. Create construction plans to minimize traffic disruptions and maximize safety for our employees and the traveling public.
- Work in field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Cross train crew members on all aspects of tasks related to particular construction discipline.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
- Must be CPR and first aid trained.
- Must obtain and maintain all mandatory training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience.
- Previous construction supervisory experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List