WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Be part of the exciting growth and expansion of the Horizon Oil Sands. With your contribution we will see incremental production gains to approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate plant capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will provide leadership and supervision to a team of engineers and designers to maintain key support and accountability and to support Horizon for any project development and technical needs.
The role will develop all required planning and provide visible leadership and critical technical expertise to produce the appropriate/required mechanical, civil and structural specifications and implementation to support a quality and sustainable design for operations.
Further your career at a management level by applying your expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to:
• Mentor and manage your team to facilitate their professional development
• Take the lead on hiring, training and performance management to build and develop your team
• Drive team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure budgetary and scheduling targets are met
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Provide technical support to maintain a safe and cost effective operation by handling Work Orders and Projects in a timely manner
• Ensure effective communication of mechanical, civil and structural engineering plans within the Bitumen Production and coordination of work efforts with all areas of the plants
• Assist development, monitoring and maintenance of records to support on-going equipment reliability and integrity programs, including the development of welding programs and procedures
• Assist in formulating and implementing the required standards/protocols to manage all required inspection, monitoring and testing etc.
• Develop, review and maintain all mechanical, civil and structural engineering standards and specifications
• Provide direction and design review
• Review and coordinate the inspection and maintenance of all mechanical , civil and structural engineering systems in accordance with established safety programs
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working within large integrated plant sites, Oil and Gas operating facilities or within an EPC firm
o Project Management
o Stewarding a significant number of complex projects elements simultaneously
o Microsoft Office
o Utilizing organizational, leadership, interpersonal and team skills to supervise a team
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.