Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
764479 Job Summary
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Employer Job Id:
June 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 8, 2012
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Help provide technical and application support for our engineering and design group. Our Senior Mechanical Engineer jobs provide you with an opportunity to work on state of the art industrial manufacturing facilities. We are looking for a senior mechanical engineer with heavy metals project experience in the steel and aluminum industry. Your duties will include overall management of the technical aspects of projects including oversight and design of the mechanical, piping and HVAC packages. Typical projects include melt shop upgrades, EAF's, LMF's, Casters, Rolling Mills, Process lines, etc. You should be a self-motivated, team-focused individual that has a Mechanical Engineering degree, professional registration, and a minimum of 15 years of mechanical design experience in heavy industry and has the desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new Mechanical Engineering project.
Our Senior Mechanical Engineers:
- Develop process flow diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation diagrams and equipment specifications.
- Are responsible for the generation of bid and construction packages. These packages include drawings, scopes of work, equipment specifications, and technical specifications.
- Participate in business development, engineering estimating and scope document preparation.
- Have experience and knowledge in the design of the following:
- Process systems including of cooling water systems (including contact, non-contact and mold water systems), hydraulics grease, lube and oil systems.
- Utility systems for fire protection, natural gas, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, compressed air, potable water, service water, and sanitary system vents and drains.
- Equipment arrangements, crane specifications, miscellaneous mechanical equipment specifications (transfer cars, etc.).
- HVAC systems to include mill building ventilation and HVAC for electrical, control and hydraulic rooms.
- Assist in the development of junior personnel.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Follow direction and collaborate with both client representatives and other internal team members.
- Be able to execute tasks within budget and scope.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Professional Engineering License in the United States
- 15+ years of mechanical engineering design
- Project experience on Metals related industrial facilities
- Software experience with Caesar, Pipe-Flow, and Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD 2011 experience is desirable
- Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
- Professional Engineering License
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List