Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
764575 Job Summary
Supervisor Contract Coordinator
Employer Job Id:
June 9, 2012
Fluor Corporation (US)
August 8, 2012
Supervisor Contract Coordinator
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
- Founded in 1912, Fluor Corporation is one of the world’s largest and leading publicly traded engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management companies. Active across six continents, Fluor works with governments and multinational companies to design, build, and maintain many of the world’s most complex and challenging capital projects. Fluor contains more than 40,000 employees serving from a network of 50 offices in more than 25 countries.
- Outstanding dependability, expertise, and safety distinguish Fluor as a leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance services industries.
- Performs duties to ensure compliance with federal and state Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and the Small Women and Minority (SWaM) program requirements to include inspecting highway construction contracts and monitoring the performance of DBE/SWAM’s on the 30-mile long I-95 Express Lanes Project located in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, Stafford County and Prince William County, VA. The DBE/SWaM Coordinator reports to the Deputy Project Director - Business, and will be responsible for coordinating Fluor-Lane 95’s day-to-day activities to promote, seek, support and document DBE and SWaM participation on the Project. Work requires contact with VDOT officials, consultants, contractors, subcontractors and private entities.
- The DBE/SWaM Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Contracts and Procurement Department and Construction Department to ensure that all DBE and SWaM utilization requirements and goals are achieved for the Project.
- Responsible for managing the small business (DBE/SWaM) utilization plan for the project and providing support to all categories of small business firms as required
- Developing a master source list of vetted subcontractors and vendors and ensuring that the source list is updated on a periodic basis. Ensure that continuous efforts are being made to locate and vet qualified and capable subcontractors and vendors for the duration of the project;
- Developing and maintain a central record DBE / SWaM program documents relating to the specific small business participation for the project;
- Keeping current with DBE / SWaM program best practices and representing the company in commercial networking events and forums in an effort to increase minority business participation;
- Meeting with project field personnel to discuss the DBE/ SWaM utilization plan and the applicable policies and procedures related to minority participation at the Project;
- Monitoring DBE / SWaM goals established for the entire life of the Project;
- Coordinating with the Construction Department to provide Statement of Work (SOW documents to VDOT and Concessionaire on a timely basis to enable time for their contributions towards achievement of the project goals.
- Responsible for providing information concerning DBE/SWaM contractor participation to keep VDOT and Civil Rights informed about the ongoing status of the DBE/SWaM program on the project.
- Responsible for providing current scheduling and status of contracting and procurement opportunities to DBE and SWaM contractors, VDOT and Civil Rights
- Responsible for coordinating Fluor-Lane 95 participation at DBE/SWaM outreach events with appropriate knowledgeable resources.
- The Coordinator will be an active participant with the Community Resource Board (CRB) and will be responsible for conducting DBE/SWaM workgroup meetings with Civil Rights Staff wherein DBE/SWaM issues will be addressed.
- Responsible for tracking DBE/SWaM utilization and reporting (monthly, quarterly, etc.) to the Concessionaire, VDOT and Civil Rights.
- General knowledge of construction industry, federal and state regulatory practices, and minority business rules, regulations and practices;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- General knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access);
- Ability for minimal travel to local networking/outreach events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management, or Business Law or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role, regulatory compliance and/or related field
- VDOT and Federal contracting experience a plus
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List