Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
764577 Job Summary
Project Manager I - Facility Management
Employer Job Id:
June 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 8, 2012
Project Manager I - Facility Management
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- This position establishes an execution framework on a project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and [Company] profitability of the completed project.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
- Plans and executes project management responsibilities on a small, low risk services project or on an assigned segment of a larger project, including coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities.
- Develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team while working on segments of larger projects.
- Directs execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with the scope of the contract, and develops a complete understanding of any relevant subcontracts. 4. Establishes and maintains project requirements for safety, quality, and productivity are met in all locations managed by [Company] where project work is being performed. 5. Establishes and defines the project organization, the project staffing requirements, and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers.
- Provides strong, effective and decisive project leadership and establishes an execution framework to provide the quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the total project execution (EPCM, commissioning, startup, and operations as appropriate to the project scope).
- Establishes and maintains effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment, and stimulate the desire to award follow-on work.
- Establishes and maintains operationally consistent work processes that enable work sharing to be effectively executed between multiple offices and construction sites.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and cost-effective project environment.
- Provides an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities.
- Understanding of project controls and finance including scheduling, progress measurement, risk assessment, code of accounts, work breakdown structure, change management, cost control and estimating process and planning. Compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards.
- Travels to attend business related matters.
- Meets expectations on attendance and punctuation. 15. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Working Conditions:
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace
- On-site project workspace which may include moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather requiring the proper use of PPE.
Basic Job Requirements
- Professional Engineering license in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is Required
- Requires 3-5 years of experience as Project Engineer, plus 2-4 years’ experience as a design or construction engineer on projects
- Possesses a Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Completed project management related courses in-house and through university or other qualified sources preferred
- Producing a status report of project activities that includes required financial reporting and participating in project reviews as required by the OSR
- Ensuring that project records are identified, collected, indexed, filed, stored, and maintained (including Supplier records) in accordance with the Project File Index and Retention Schedule
- Reviewing existing lessons learned and seeking advice from other experienced managers throughout the project
- Providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities
- Assists in developing rough order in magnitude estimates for proposed engineering projects with the client. Responsible for managing complete technical and commercial projects, with a concept of the means and methods of project execution, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and proposal strategy.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List