Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
765155 Job Summary
Sr. Process Specialist
Employer Job Id:
June 12, 2012
August 11, 2012
Sr. Process Specialist
- Kiewit Corporation is one of North America's largest and most respected construction, engineering and mining organizations. With more than $10 billion in revenue, this privately held, employee-owned company operates through a network of business units called districts. Kiewit consistently ranks as a FORTUNE 500 company and in the top five among Engineering New-Record's Top 400 Contractors. With its beginnings tracing back to 1884, Kiewit offers services in a variety of markets including transportation, buildings, water resources, power, underground, oil and gas, electrical, mining and marine. Kiewit's workforce includes 9,500 core staff and more than 17,500 skilled craft workers. Kiewit hires people who take on new challenges, explore new ideas, and excel at their work.
- Kiewit Power Engineers, Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation . For nearly three decades, our Kansas City-based engineering and consulting firm has provided clients across the U.S. and Canada with a broad range of award-winning services in the energy market.
- Project development activities
- Conceptual and process engineering for NOX, SO2, mercury and other air quality control projects and/or
- Conceptual and process engineering for water treatment including pretreatment, demineralization systems, and waste water treatment
- Specification and evaluation of major power plant process equipment and systems
- Project support activities related to power plant applications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or 20+ years relevant experience in the industry. Must be proficient with Office 2007 and MathCAD.
- General knowledge of power plant air quality control technologies and equipment and/or
- General knowledge of water treatment technologies as applied to a power plant
- Ability to function as a staff lead process engineer on water treatment, FGD, SCR, and other air quality control projects
- Proficient in chemistry, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics
- General knowledge of environmental regulations and permitting
- General understanding of project financing and economics
- Works well in a team environment
- Willingly accepts multiple assignments
- Flexibility in changing workload and priorities
- Good communication skills
- Good client skills
- Comfortable working on-site with power plant personnel
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Firm but diplomatic style with dealing with equipment suppliers
- Willingness to travel some
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List