Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
765158 Job Summary
Government Contracts Specialist
Employer Job Id:
Eden Prairie, MN
June 12, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 11, 2012
Government Contracts Specialist
- [Company] has an opening for a Government Contracts Specialist in its Eden Prairie, MN location. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to serve as the single point of contact for the review, revision and management of various documents related to government business, including, but not limited to requests for quote, contracts, both direct and indirect, requests for additional information, options and extensions of contracts received or entered into by the Group. Monitor and manages the Hydraulics Group’s compliance with all applicable governmental rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, EAR, FAR, DFAR and ITAR. Represent the legal concerns of the Hydraulics Group in the negotiation of complex government contracts along with all other necessary internal contacts. Provide support for contractual issues related to civil engineering and/or construction projects.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Reviews, evaluates and provides feedback to the appropriate internal contacts on all documents related to government business which have been received or may be executed by the Hydraulics Group.
- Facilitates the internal review and evaluation of all government contracts, including civil engineering projects.
- Arranges and initiates cost/benefit and/or risk analysis to determine the appropriate level of management and executive review and approval for government contracts.
- Coordinates, as needed, with other functional areas/departments including ACE, Credit/Deductions, Customer Facing Services, Engineering, Finance, Law, Pricing, Product Management, Sales, Trade Management and Warranty to resolve any legal concerns related to government business or contracts.
- Serves as a negotiator and/or supports management in the negotiation of legal issues contained in contracts by preparing and providing background data on the relevant legal concerns.
- Coordinates the communication and flow down of contract requirements to the responsible departments within the company.
- Advises functional areas and assists in monitoring the performance of the contract throughout its duration to ensure that all obligations are fulfilled.
- Maintains custody of all contractual documents to protect the company’s interests.
- Provides education and training on the government contracting process to all affected functional areas.
- Provides oversight for Group level import/export licensing compliance with an emphasis on ITAR. May serve as the Empowered Official.
- Establishes a Group level policy for the comprehensive review, approval and storage of all government contracts.
- Maintains knowledge regarding development in and changes to existing government laws, rules and regulations that have an impact on the government contracting process.
- Consults and coordinates with other Sectors or Groups of [Company] to ensure a uniform response or approach to unique government contract requirements and/or policies.
- Provides guidance, assistance and training to Customer Facing Services when responding to basic requests for information and annual certifications from the government or government subcontractors.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with commercial contracts required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with government contract laws and regulations, including, but not limited to EAR, FAR, DFAR and ITAR.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience working with documents such as: RFQ's, purchase orders, quotations, solicitations, modifications, certifications and representations.
- Familiar with government and commercial contracting terms and conditions.
- Ability to Negotiate Price, Terms and Conditions.
- Customer-focused individual.
- Ability to identify and solve complex, cross-functional problems.
- Ability to drive results by coordinating activities multiple departments.
- Proactive, Self-directed and action-oriented with strong decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Team building skills.
- Ability to interface at all levels is key.
- Prefer 1 year experience in working with various websites related to government contracting including, but not limited to CCR, EPLS, FedBizOpps and GSA.
- Prefer 1 year experience in working with various export control laws and regulations including, but not limited to BAA, C-TPAT, ITAR and TAA.
- Prefer experience with developing and administrating training related to government contracts.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List