Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
765161 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 12, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 11, 2012
- [Company] has an immediate opening for an Application Analyst in our Business Service Center (BSC) organization in Portage, Indiana. The successful candidates will be responsible for ongoing development, product testing, and production support to the Test Tracking applications in place at Gary, MVW and Fairfield. The development work will entail systems design, analysis, coding, extensive testing, and implementing the changes in our production environment.
Major Responsibilities include the following:
- Code, test and implement changes in the various Test Tracking applications
- Assist in the design and changes to the applications
- Support the production systems by troubleshooting and solving problems in a timely fashion
- Perform development activities adhering to the standards and practices that meet the Quality Management System
- 10 years Cobol experience
- 5-10 years DB2 experience
- 5 years IMS experience
- 10 years’ experience with an IBM mainframe environment
- Experience working with structured testing methodologies
- Technical design documentation skills a must
- Experience using a disciplined Project Development Methodology
- Experience with the Full Life Cycle Development process
- Prior experience in the steel industry
- Prior experience with test tracking applications
- Bachelors Degree required, Information Technology or Computer Science degree preferred.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills
- Effective Decision Making skills
- Customer Focus
- Ability to deliver solutions in high pressure situations
- Willingness to provide off hour support
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List