- Mining Engineer - Central Queensland Operation
- Open Cut and Underground Coal Mine
- Residential, DIDO or FIFO Options with 5:2 Roster
This company is located 40km east of Emerald in the Bowen Basin, with a strong customer focus. They pride themselves on providing a safe working environment with an excellent work/life balance, a strong positive team environment and will provide you with an opportunity to fully develop your career.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Short Term Planning Superintendent and you will be responsible for coordinating and planning mine production activities. You will also be responsible for developing mine plans and schedules and assisting with the implementation of detail design and plans.
You will be required to provide astute technical advice to operating superintendents, contributing to the development and refinement of the site's mine planning and safety systems ensuring production, budgetary and safety targets are achieved.
Skills and Experience:
Technical knowledge regarding dragline, prestrip, and drill and blast process
Effective interpersonal communication and organizational skills
Strong planning and analytical skills with a systematic approach to tasks and decision making
Previous experience working closely with a small team of professionals
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining or Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Open cut mining experience, with operational truck and shovel design exposure
- Experience providing design and support services for operational process
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite and design/scheduling programs such as Vulcan
- In return for your skills and experience, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, and benefits, with a 5 on 2 off roster with great work/life balance. You will also have the option of a DIDO or FIFO however there are mine site based village accommodation if you chose to stay closer to the mine.
Please Note: Your CV will be treated with strict confidence and will never be forwarded on without your express permission.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.