Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
766385 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Grand Junction, CO
June 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 12, 2012
- The Branch Manager has safety, employee, customer satisfaction, and business/financial responsibilities within branch operations. The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the daily operational branch business by taking care of the customer needs while directing the employees in a manner that makes the branch profitable.
- Know, follow, lead, and enforce all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Observe and manage safety in the shop, and field environments through our Job Safety Analysis and Job Safety Analysis Share tools and processes. Meet all company expectations on the number of safety shares required per month.
- Assist and enable technicians in “Stop-work” authority where necessary
- Actively participate in company safety meetings, committees, and teams as required.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints or problems in the timeliest manner possible.
- Ensure that all employees are aware that a clean, well-kept facility is another selling tool for [Company]
- Manage the daily operational branch business by taking care of the customer needs while directing the employees in a manner that makes the branch profitable.
- Manage the branch service business including responsibility for shop profitability, technician utilization and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Assess and develop branch employee skill sets, including employee evaluation and team development.
- Monitor and manage the branch inventory including order processing, inventory turns, and customer fill rates.
- Lead the branch service, parts and sales teams to achieve sales growth, customer satisfaction, cost containment, productivity and profitability targets.
- Lead the Automotive Indirect Sales effort for the branch territory.
- Coach and mentor branch employees
- Maintain and monitor environmental and safety compliance data for the branch.
- Manage the branch facility’s daily care and maintenance needs.
- General industry association participation and community involvement.
The successful applicant must possess general knowledge of the following areas:
- Customer Service skills
- Service business- Understanding of Shop profitability, technician utilization and work flow
- Parts business- Understand order processing, inventory turns, and customer fill rates.
- General understanding of sales and marketing of direct and indirect engine sales to the following markets: Automotive, Transit, Industrial and OEM Accounts
- Service /Parts sales and marketing
- OEM Dealer sales and support
- Merchandising and sales of allied and value added products.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as required.
[Company] is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is [Company] intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of three years of related operations experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write business documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, gross profit, percentages
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be customer-oriented and have experience working directly with customers internally and externally.
- Mechanical aptitude and a strong working knowledge of parts which go on engines for repair is required.
- Ability to work on several things at once; detail-oriented; organized and methodical. Judgment and good decision-making skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude and rapport with others.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
- Must be able to lead, manage, and work with others in a team environment.
- Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company’s competitors, customers, or suppliers.
- Employee lifts/carries 25 lbs. occasionally
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List