Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
766387 Job Summary
IT Services Specialist
Employer Job Id:
June 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 12, 2012
IT Services Specialist
- Position is responsible for providing IT support of users at the Company’s office and mine locations. The company’s IT systems at these locations consist of computer hardware and software in a networked Windows based, LAN/ WAN including Wireless, VoIP and video in a CISCO environment. User support includes the configuration, installation and troubleshooting of computer systems, peripherals, servers, support of LAN and WAN, and client-server applications. This position plays a key role in ensuring the delivery of quality services to the Customer with assignments to virtually all Corporate and Operating companies’ management teams.
- Provide timely responses and resolution to customer problems and requests. Work closely with IT project teams and specialists to meet customer requirements.
- Provide desktop application expertise with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Citrix and remote connectivity.
- Provide support for Windows XP Professional, Windows 7, Server 2003 and Server 2008 (including R2) operating systems in a Cisco networking and VMware environment. Answer cross-platform integration and information exchange issues.
- Act as a liaison between the user community and IT to ensure that the customer requirements are communicated to the appropriate group or groups.
- Provide configuration, maintenance and support of telecommunications/network hardware and software including video and wireless
- Ensure customer satisfaction by adherence to IT policies, procedures and methodologies
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have Bachelors degree in a computer related field or at least 2 years' experience in a computer related field.
- Must have two years’ experience coupled with a proven record of success providing support for IT systems and services. Experience in a mining or manufacturing environment is considered to be a plus as is experience with mine automation systems such as IP.21 and [Company] PLC’s.
- Must demonstrate ability to track and coordinate vendors and consultant activities.
- Must possess expertise in personal computing technology relating to Intel-based PCs to include troubleshooting skills.
- Must exhibit a strong ability to solve problems using software tools related to communications software and application configuration and setup.
- Must understand networking basics including QoS, VPN, basic routing and switching, including TCP/IP, RDP, UDP, and FTP.
- Must have operational experience with Cisco networking and VMware virtualization in a Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Must possess server technology knowledge beyond the ability to change tapes and restore files to include hardware installation and configuration as well as software installation, upgrade and functionality. Must also understand backup and recovery principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of Active Directory and how to create groups, set up group shares and apply permissions to files and folders.
- Must exhibit leadership qualities that require coordination with multiple teams in order to get problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to interact with corporate and operating companies’ management teams and act as a participant in a larger project team.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must possess or be able to obtain a passport
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel between company locations in the assigned region. Up to 50% travel is required.
- Must be willing to work at both underground and surface mining operations to support computing technologies. Strict compliance to company safety standards is required.
- Must be motivated, career minded, and be willing to work in a team environment
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List