Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
766400 Job Summary
Credit Portfolio Manager II
Employer Job Id:
June 13, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
August 12, 2012
Credit Portfolio Manager II
- [Company] is seeking a qualified Credit Portfolio Manager II. This position will reside at the corporate office in Irving, Texas.
- The position of Credit Portfolio Manager II – SSC Credit Services will be responsible for delivering outstanding performance focusing on days sales outstanding (DSO) for an Accounts Receivable (AR) portfolio with a value between $50 million and $250 of annual revenue. Primary responsibilities include determining and maintaining credit worthiness of new/existing customers, DSO improvement through the application of disciplined credit procedures, establishing & maintaining effective relationships with key external and internal customers, and minimizing bad debts.
- [Company] is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
- [Company] is part of the[Company] , the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities.[Company] ) Group employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage the accounts receivable assets of respective area of responsibility with a focus on the following:
- Minimize the DSO metric by developing and maintaining diligent credit worthiness processes and an effective, disciplined A/R collection framework. Establish and enforce credit terms for all customers.
- Secure and enforce compliance with the appropriate state bond and lien statutes.
- Develop expertise in the U.S. Bankruptcy Codes as well as the Uniform Commercial Code. Monitor federal, state and provincial legislation pertinent to credit and/or collection laws, bonding issues and lien statutes.
- Develop effective relationships with all relevant internal customers. Provide pertinent value-added information and instruction on a timely basis to Sales and Management.
- Understand and provide solutions to balance the goal of maximizing sales while minimizing credit risk. Cultivate and maintain enduring relationships with external customers to enhance customer retention. Where open account sales are not appropriate, develop alternative methods to sell marginally qualified customers on risk mitigating credit terms.
- Minimize bad debt write-offs.
- Work closely with the Litigations and Disputes team to provide effective solutions in managing difficult customer relationships with active accounts. Ensure that litigation files are communicated to the Litigation team on a timely basis to maximize potential recovery. Accumulate and retain all data and evidence necessary to allow successful prosecution.
- Five to ten years (minimum of seven for external candidates) of functional experience in Accounts Receivable/Credit
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required
- Possess excellent communication skills, with demonstrable ability in all facets (verbal, presentation and writing)
- Possess experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Microsoft Office
- Direct industry experience a plus
- Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and utilization of abilities for the best of the company.
- Internal and external customer and market management.
- Performance and result management.
- People management (i.e. management of subordinates’ performance and enabling teamwork).
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Establish trust and relationships.
- Entrepreneurial management (i.e. consideration of long-term risks and opportunities).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Sustainable management (i.e. compliance with laws and regulations).
- Professional competence (i.e. knowledge of the industry and cross-functional understanding.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List