Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
766419 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 12, 2012
- [Company] l delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. [Company] portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Manufacturing:
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Set up and operate all related equipment and hand tools
- Selects, mounts, attaches and calibrates a variety of attachments to grind angles, contours, lines, spheres, etc.
- Select and set up precision gauging for inspection of finished product
- Perform inspection of machined products
- Perform program edits and/or changes as required
All employees are expected to:
- Must adhere to and follow all company safety policies and procedures to assure commitment to 100% safe work environment.
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of precision grinding processes with the ability to identify and produce specific finishes
- Ability to select and dress wheels for a normal range of operations
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and other hand tools as necessary
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Ability to perform basic shop math with knowledge of trigonometry functions
- Ability to edit and troubleshoot CNC programs
- 5 – 7 years CNC experience preferred
- Trade school certificate preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List