Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
766843 Job Summary
Senior Metallurgist –Team Lead
Employer Job Id:
June 14, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 13, 2012
Senior Metallurgist –Team Lead
Our client is a global consulting firm renowned for providing unparalleled technical solutions to many of world’s largest mining companies and exploration firms. Specialties include: Mining and Project Evaluation, Geology, Resources and Exploration, Water Management, Geotechnical, Tailings, Heap Leach, Mine Waste and Environmental.
Due to the growth and continued success of their Mining Operations Division an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Metallurgist for their Vancouver, BC division.
The Senior Metallurgist will provide technical expertise, guidance and leadership in metallurgical testing and analysis at assigned sites and will also be responsible for maintaining and developing key client relationships. If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding opportunity, than this is the opportunity for you to accelerate your career!
The Senior Metallurgist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conducts, plans and assists with metallurgical study, development, testing and analyses of designs, processes or procedures at assigned site
- Serves as technical expert on complex metallurgical testing
- Reports metallurgical or process issues and makes recommendations on how to resolve/correct the issues
- Reviews and recommends new or enhanced metallurgical testing equipment or protocols
- Contributes to the improvement of metallurgical process
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Provides guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable programs, practices and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
- Maintains current working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local regulations
- May contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for metallurgical testing
- May represent the site on company-sponsored steering teams
- Performs other duties as required
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- A first degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering;
- Registered professional status or eligibility for registration in a professional organization;
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in process design or optimisation in an operational and/or consulting environment;
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more areas with experience with a variety of metals;
- Ability to independently generate, implement and complete work assignments in a dynamic environment.
- High level of technical report writing skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex metallurgical and processing analyses
- Able to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with flotation, grinding and filtration unit operations (preferred)
- Data analysis experience (preferred)
As a consultant, the successful candidate will be expected to create and maintain client relationships and work in a team environment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List