Horizon North Camps & Catering (HNCC), a division of Horizon North Camp & Catering Partnership, offers a full "one stop shop" camp and catering services package to our clientele in forestry, mining and oil & gas. HNCC has undergone tremendous growth which has seen our company providing equipment and services at up to seventy-four individual locations in Western Canada and Northwestern United States and looking after simultaneous operations of over 9,000 beds. Horizon North Camp & Catering Partnership also includes our own modular manufacturing group with production facilities in Kamloops, BC and Grande Prairie, Alberta. HNCC has distinguished our brand to be synonymous with safety, premium equipment and facilities and customer service excellence. HNCC's parent company, Horizon North Logistics Inc., is a public company (TSE: HNL). For more information on Horizon North, please visit the website at: www.horizonnorth.ca.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this position will perform work for the efficient management and evolution of the corporate purchasing portfolio, and will work in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager to negotiate, implement, and manage new and existing contracts.
Specific accountabilities and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and staff while maintaining confidentiality.
- Acts as a resource to internal customers to provide purchasing related knowledge/expertise.
- Provides support to Purchasing Manager
- Development and management of corporate contracts through RFP Process.
- Responsible to ensure sites/operational departments are aware of any financial impacts of/in decision making.
- Responsible for negotiation of mid to high dollar value/agreements/contracts within assigned commodity areas as directed by Purchasing Manager.
- Work within a competitive bidding process utilizing information/specifications collected and standardized forms created for Horizon North Camps & Catering, Coordinate the release, receipt and analysis of submitted proposals, in conjunction with the stakeholder committee.
- Provide ongoing management and implementation of existing contracts through routine meetings with vendors and sites.
- Coordinate and support Corporate Purchasing Process.
- Actively participate in departmental and operational strategy planning initiatives for the department as well as corporately.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you possess:
- Minimum Level 3 Certification through PMAC.
- Education related to Laws and Ethical Procurement an asset.
- Years experience in purchasing and contract management or equivalent.
- Displays initiative, creativity and innovation in achieving results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced level of Excel and Word.
- Understanding of competitive bid process and the use of integrated purchasing systems.
- Proficient in cost benefit analysis.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, and a positive team environment.