Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
767408 Job Summary
Safety Team Lead
Employer Job Id:
July 23, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
July 23, 2012
Safety Team Lead
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers
in the world.
Stock Savings Plan
Annual Bonus Program
Work with great people
How many companies have FUN in the mission statement?
Accomplish great things
Be part of a dynamic work environment that is always changing - contribute your
ideas and make your mark!
Create your career path
We’re growing - grow with us!
Every employee shares in company success through stock ownership & stock options!
For Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored
- Fly In / Fly Out Allowance
and Site Accommodations
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years.
The Safety Lead will supervise a small team to support Horizon Safety Technical Development and Corporate Services, by monitoring and advising on all aspects of regulatory compliance in the areas of workplace safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene and risk control.
• Lead, coach and mentor a team of Safety Specialists and Administrators
• Participate in safety tours, inspections and meeting with Front Line Supervision
• Conduct Business Unit and long term contractors’ audits
• Support the Business Unit through:
o Safety reporting
o Safety communications
o Hazard assessments
o Incident investigations
o Ensure compliance of all standards, policies, and procedures
• Oversee team workload and practices/processes to optimize effectiveness and efficiency
• Take part in hiring, training and performance management to develop your team both individually and as a group
• Maintain and align team workload, output and process to ensure that team efforts contribute to and align with wider business objectives and practices
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and incident investigations as required
• Ensure the development and maintenance of all safety documentation, reporting and tracking requirements
• Oversee emergency light testing, emergency response plan exercise and testing of emergency shutdown equipment
• Present safety topics during meetings as required
• Audit employee training
• Ensure the development and reporting of the business unit targeted health and safety and compliance objectives
• Attend OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association), AMSA (Alberta Mine Safety Association) and Sub-Committee Meetings as required
• Conduct audits to determine the effectiveness of incident reporting, investigation and record keeping
• Assist with the completion of a Pre-contract Risk Assessment for each new contract
• Participate in Emergency Callout as required
• Typically 10+ years relevant industry experience with a High School Diploma and Occupation Health Safety Diploma and/or CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) designation
• Familiarity with working in an operating plant, or during construction of is preferred
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List