Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
767793 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Saint Louis, MO
June 14, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 13, 2012
Primary Job Objective:
- Responsible for providing legal counsel to the company’s management and managing attorneys on human resources, employment and benefits matters in the U.S. and internationally. Also responsible for coordinating and collaborating with corporate and international HR clients in developing and implementing human resources policies on a global basis.
- Providing prompt, practical and effective advice related to employment law and benefits matters for the U.S. corporate office and select international locations (including China, Germany, India, Mongolia, Singapore, Indonesia and the United Kingdom).
- Handling pre-litigation employment complaints, counseling, investigations and training and some employment litigation and arbitrations.
- Coordinating investigation and response to complaints filed with fair employment practice agencies and departments of labor.
- Maintaining expert knowledge of U.S. state and federal legal and regulatory issues affecting the workplace.
- Staying abreast of employment developments on an international level (including China, Germany, India, Mongolia, Singapore, Indonesia and the United Kingdom).
- Handling employment related issues in connection with the establishment of new international offices.
- Working with Peabody’s Global Mobility Team to advise on employment and immigration related issues for expatriate assignments.
- Work with corporate and international HR clients and Global Mobility Team to develop policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Managing and controlling outside legal costs on HR and employment matters.
- Collaborating with regional law and HR teams, as appropriate.
- Traveling as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary, or the Vice President and Assistant General Counsel – Business Development, Litigation and Employment.
- Level of Independent Judgment:
- Capable of immediately assuming responsibility for a wide variety of work as a self-starter, under the supervision of the Vice President and Assistant General Counsel – Business Development, Litigation and Employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will be an attorney with 7 to 15 years of experience with a multi-national corporate law department or top law firm, or preferably a combination of both.
- Solid employment law and benefits experience required. Litigation and immigration law experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all management levels and to keep relevant stakeholders regularly and timely updated.
- Able to clearly communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with colleagues from different functions, different offices, different cultural backgrounds and at every level of the company’s organization.
- Energetic, well organized and able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Self-confident and good business presence.
- Excellent judgment, using a business-oriented approach.
- Capable of maintaining independent judgment and advice while developing close relationships with business personnel. Must be able to function well with several global business segments.
- Proficient in setting priorities and managing expectations with respect to deliverables and deadlines.
- Juris Doctorate and Bachelor’s degrees required. Must be licensed to practice law and admitted to a state bar.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List