Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
767853 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 14, 2012
Parker Hannifin Corp.
August 13, 2012
- Accountable for Plant operations to achieve results identified by the Corporation’s Win Strategy. Leads a team of empowered employees to continuously achieve and exceed customer expectations. Broad responsibility and leadership for overall Plant operations. Implements the Parker Lean system and Win Strategy to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
- Provides leadership for Plant operation employees. Coordinates all manufacturing functions within the Plant environment. Plant may be a union or a non-bargaining unit/facility.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the Plant Operations to include: developing associates, ensure that team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, ensure that decisions are rapidly implemented, budget planning, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of all direct reports, team leaders and associates.
- Profitably grow the Plant and achieve goals measured weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Works with internal and external customers to promote and leverage Company technologies, systems, products, services and processes.
- Establishes and maintains premier customer service at all times.
- Leads strategy deployment for the Plant initiatives and growth. Leads Manufacturing functions to ensure operational efficiency and economy.
- Previous experience in Team collaboration with the following Departments: Human Resources, Lean, Quality, Engineering, Information Technology Production Control and Planning.
- Accountable for driving Lean initiatives throughout the Plant to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
- Ensures the Plant has proper inventory, production control scheduling, shipping/receiving logistics and quality procedures in place.
- Develops a budget plan and manages Plant within budget constraints.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Plant; holding regular team meetings and assigning team members’ tasks and coordinate support services needed outside the team. Utilizes PDCA in conjunction with the Tracking Centers and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
- Maintains familiarity with competitive environment.
- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development. Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to Management, customers, and employees.
- Practical experience in implementing lean technologies and practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Six Sigma preferred.
- The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List