- Excellent career development path
- Strong mentoring and training available
- Work within one of the largest tenement holdings in WA's goldfields
A growing mid-tier gold producer based within Australia's most prosperous gold belt is in the process of expanding operations in order meet exciting growth expectations. Strong growth over the last 2 years through acquisitions and mine expansion has seen the organisation double gold production over the last 2 years, with the expectation of doubling this production again by the end of 2015. A major aspect of this growth period is extensive exploration of tenements in WA and further near mine exploration of satellite deposits, and the organisation are seeking a Project Exploration Geologist to assist in overseeing the exploration programmes implementation and execution. These tenements make up one of the largest holdings in the region.
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist this role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and work as part of the experienced and capable Geology team.
Key elements of this position include:
• RC, diamond and geotechnical drilling
• Supervision of junior geologists.
• Validation and interpretation of data
• Participation and input into geological modelling
• Developing targets, planning and supervision of drilling programs
• Surface mapping, sampling and surveys
• Sectional interpretation
• Adherence to OH&S and environmental standards
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Tertiary degree in Geology or related discipline (Honours will be highly regarded)
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in exploration or mine geology (preferably gold)
• Experience in an open pit or underground environment
• Exposure to geological software such as MapInfo and Vulcan
• A willingness to be flexible to move between mining operations and either exploration or underground project work.
This is a FIFO/DIDO role which operates on a 9:5 roster. The role is available either as a commute ex-Perth or residential in regional centres. A competitive salary package including 11% superannuation will be offered along with great working conditions and excellent camp facilities.
For immediate consideration please apply today.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.