Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769025 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 15, 2012
August 14, 2012
- Troubleshoot, repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire allied machines, systems and power train components. Troubleshoot; diagnose malfunctions and failures of machines electrical, hydraulic and power train components. Must be able to identify and evaluate root cause failures through the use of electronic tools, schematics and other trouble shooting methods. Be able to demonstrate proper communication methods in order to effectively explain equipment conditions, machine status and recommendations, to customers, associates and management.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire , Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Basic computer and internet knowledge is required, as well as knowledge in operating scanning/diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent attendance.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license.
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Completion of TRAIN test evaluation.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others, which includes any of the following: operating a motor vehicle, other vehicle, equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage; performing duties in the residential or commercial premises of a customer, supplier or vendor; working in any occupation subject to federal safety regulations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List