Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769038 Job Summary
Tractor Trailer Team Driver
Employer Job Id:
June 15, 2012
August 14, 2012
Tractor Trailer Team Driver
- We are a full-service, world-class, carrier with decades of experience transporting explosives and hazardous materials throughout the United States (including Alaska) and Canada. We maintain a safety record that is one of the best in the industry because we hire only highly skilled, qualified drivers. Our fleet is comprised of 547 units including 106 highway tractors, 303 van trailers and 138 tankers (pneumatic dry tankers, solution tankers, and dump & grain trailers). Our fleet is maintained to meet or exceed strict DOT standards and is monitored through high-tech fleet tracking satellites.
Responsible for the following:
- Operates Tractor and Trailer equipment, in a team environment, loading and unloading. Involves considerable knowledge of equipment and essential functions. Comply with Local, State, and Federal regulations. Serve all internal/external customers in a professional, safe and efficient manner consistent with DNA’s and DNTI’s mission, vision and values
- Competitive salary with incentives for top performers
- New Equipment
- Opportunity for advancement and growth
- Comprehensive and Competitive Benefits Package:
- Paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plans (such as 401k), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, emergency travel assistance and other benefits
- Essential Functions:
- Operates tractor and trailer, bulk tanks, tanker, van trailer, dumps and flat beds.
- Operates auxiliary equipment.
- Check equipment daily to maintain efficient and safe operational status.
- Maintains various required driver logs, time and trip reports, vehicle inspection reports, tach charts.
- Perform continuous loading and unloaded duties ranging from 50‑100 pounds.
- Verifies products delivered or loaded.
- Must meet the DOT required qualifications of driver according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management
- A combination of on the job training and certification is required. Must
- have clear understanding of various governmental regulations. Must be able to understand and follow company policies.
- Minimum 2 years verifiable over-the-road tractor-trailer experience in the last (4) years
- Class A CDL with Tanker and HAZMAT endorsement required
- Must be 25 years or older
- No preventable accidents in the past (3) years
- No more than (1) minor moving violation in the past (3) years while operating a personal vehicle of commercial motor vehicle
- No convictions for DUI, DWI last 10 years
- Must be able to obtain a secret military clearance and have or obtain a passport
- Must be able to obtain travel into and out of Canada
- The driver will make oneself available 24 hours 7 days a week or until their 70 hours have been exhausted
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Present oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally from the ground to waist level.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently from the ground to shoulder level.
- On a frequent basis, must be able to stand or walk.
- On a frequent basis, must be able to sit and operate equipment.
- Ability to bend at the waist and to twist/rotate if necessary up to two thirds of the day.
- Must be able to push/pull with arms with a force up to 50 plus pounds while performing labor work.
- Must be able to maintain balance while climbing in and out of a cab and on and off bulk trailers and tankers.
- Must be able to coordinate use of hands and eyes in operations of equipment on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to read all gauges on equipment and make correct judgments in the operation of equipment, must be able to accurately estimate distance for the safe operations of equipment and understand/apply traffic laws and other regulations.
- Must be able to perform simple estimates of time needed to perform a job, determine distance, height and depth in relationship to operation of equipment and maintain accurate daily record logs, trip reports, tach charts and vehicle inspection reports.
- Must be able to ask questions of supervisor/manager, listen and follow verbal directions, communicate verbally with co-workers.
- Must be congenial with customers and fellow company workers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List