Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769049 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 15, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 14, 2012
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] is a leading manufacturer of heat transfer equipment serving the power generation industry. Our products, branded as [Company] heaters and [Company] condensers, have earned a reputation for quality for more than fifty years.
- The Logistics Manager is responsible for the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the inbound/outbound shipping, warehouse, inventory and material handling have the proper operational controls, administrative reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively contribute to [Company] manufacturing excellence objectives. In addition, this role will provide timely and accurate freight quotes to the Sales team in support of quote activity and customer deadlines. Responsibilities include negotiating and scheduling all outbound transportation, both domestic and international, and for coordinating all outbound freight and packaging services.
- Supervises and assigns daily activities relating to receiving, handling, handling of distribution of supplies and movement in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Responsible for tracking critical operating metrics to ensure cost-efficient safe distribution of inventory
- Ensure safety behaviors and performance are enforced in warehouse and yard areas
- Develop and monitor required maintenance plans for material handling equipment to maximize operating reliability and up-time
- Drive process improvement through the use of process excellence tools and methodology
- Leadership and assessment capability, as required in evaluating and selecting qualified personnel, development, and coaching to improve performance
- Direct in-bound and out-bound freight carriers, ltl carriers, hot shot carriers, ups and fed-x or other overnight package services including freight damages, collection of costs and claim submission
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations and negotiates best methods and rates for shipments
- Monitors production schedule and participates in periodic scheduling meetings to facilitate and improve on-time shipment performance
- Coordinates international shipments through freight forwarders, export packers, container companies and ship lines in order to meet scheduled shipment dates; monitors export packing costs
- Obtains reliable and timely quotes from carriers in support of the sales team efforts to secure quotes
- Contribute to the development and management of an annual warehouse and inventory management operating budget
- Analytical ability and resourcefulness, as required in developing and implementing progressive policies, programs, standards and procedures to govern/guide warehouse and inventory functions and activities and facilitate cross-departmental functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics Management or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success as self-starter, team builder and “hands-on” participant in logistics and/or warehousing/inventory responsibilities
- At least 3 years in a supervisory capacity and demonstration of a teaching and mentoring style as evidenced by personnel and team development
- Proven or demonstrable experience with ERP system, SAP preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as required in effectively working with all levels of personnel and delivery professional presentations as needed
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List