Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769069 Job Summary
Mechanic Entry 3 - Day Shift
Employer Job Id:
Greens Landing, PA
June 15, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 14, 2012
Mechanic Entry 3 - Day Shift
- The purpose of this position is to become proficient at inspecting, diagnosing, adjusting, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light, medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work under direct supervision of Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild all system failures on mobile equipment.
- Generate report of parts necessary and time required to complete project.
- Safely operate equipment for diagnosing and testing purposes.
- Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
- Proactively communicate with Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader concerning equipment and job-related projects.
- Maintain safe and organized work area.
- Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
- Consistently work on personal growth plan.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work non-traditional hours including Night shift, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Occasional out of town travel is required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Safely perform all essential functions
Basic knowledge of:
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
- Computer skills.
- Construction operations.
- Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
- Take and follow instructions.
- Ability to learn and follow [Company] Company policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- Valid PA Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements preferred.
- Prefer state inspection license.
- Must possess tools needed to complete assigned projects.
- Must have some knowledge and competency in each of the following: troubleshooting techniques, hydraulic principles and systems, power and drive train principles, machine electronics, cutting and welding processes, fuel systems.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school.
- Prefer one year of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
- Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
- Ability to work in shop or field environment and tolerate exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, cold temperatures, noise and confined spaces.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List