As part of our Engineering Team and under the supervision of our Geotechnical Engineers, you will report on the Company's routine onshore and nearshore ground investigation activities, in accordance with Company procedures, Health and Safety and Quality policies.
Specifically, the successful applicant will:
• Log soil and rock in accordance with BS5930 and Company logging procedures.
• Assist with supervising fieldwork activities and controlling field resources on site.
• Maintain communication with office based project managers to report site progress, planning etc.
• Become familiar with BS1377 laboratory testing methods and purpose of the test.
• Check field data, prepare and submit engineering logs and records.
• Collate technical data and prepare factual reports for review.
• Understand the basis of the industry Conditions of Contract and the methods of procurement of ground investigation services.
Successful applicants will have:
• A degree in Geology, Earth Science of Civil Engineering. An MSc in Engineering Geology or Soil Mechanics or Geotechnics would be an advantage.
• Relevant experience in the Ground Engineering Profession including appropriate financial, commercial and project management skills
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and databases
• A full driving licence
What we offer
If you are looking for a new challenge, with an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to be resourceful and ambitious, you will be attracted to this exciting role, where success will lead to excellent career development opportunities.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Contact person Dee O'Donnell