Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769384 Job Summary
Prep Plant Operator
Employer Job Id:
June 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 15, 2012
Prep Plant Operator
Job Summary/Essential Functions:
- Operate, clean, and maintain preparation plant and loadout facilities.
- Install, clean, operate and maintain conveyor belts and associated material handling equipment.
- Install and maintain pumps, piping and associated power equipment.
- Operate chemical additive equipment including mixing, loading and monitoring.
- Load, deliver, unload and distribute supplies and parts.
- Operate mobile equipment assigned to the coal processing facility. (As required)
- Assist coworkers in any or all of the above.
Special Skills or Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of one year working at a coal preparation facility operating, repairing and troubleshooting the plant.
- Must have basic mechanical skills including the ability to disassemble, repair, and reassemble mechanical equipment using blueprints, parts manuals, and power hand tools.
- Must have the ability to operate a front end loader and refuse truck.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Knowledge of mining regulations pertaining to coal mining and coal preparation is desirable.
- Welding and cutting experience is desirable
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must have high safety standards for self and others.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Must comply with Company, State, and Federal regulations, plans, and policies.
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets
Physical Requirements, Surface Occupations:
- Must have the ability to stand for 4 to 8 hours on uneven surfaces.
- Must have the ability to be seated for up to 5 hours of time to operate equipment or vehicles.
- Must have the ability to work from elevated positions, walk or climb up and down stairways and ladders and climb off and on equipment.
- Must have the ability to lift 25 to 70 pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Must have the ability to don and wear required safety equipment including respirators, hearing and eye protection, and protective clothing.
- Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit, and confined work.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions (push, pull, twist, handle), and have rapid reflex movements of the arms and legs and good hand to eye coordination.
- This description merely reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Changes in operation or job content may require that this description be revised from time to time in the company’s sole discretion.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List