Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769405 Job Summary
Manager - Continuous Improvement
Employer Job Id:
June 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 15, 2012
Manager - Continuous Improvement
- The [Company] headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, [Company] offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. [Company] employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to [Location] not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Manager - Continuous Improvement?
- We are currently seeking a Manager - Continuous Improvement for our FishHawk, Florida location. The purpose of this position is to lead the development and sustainability of a continuous improvement culture within a Phosphate Concentrates or Mining Operation with assistance and direction from the Mining to Manufacturing Continuous Improvement Steering Team. Manage assessment, prioritization and execution of continuous improvement projects which meet yearly site objectives for overall continuous improvement set during budgeting. Deploy continuous improvement tools (Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, Waste, Workout, etc.) and site wide change management initiatives (ROIC Waves, and other). Transfer the information and improvements to other facilities through charters organized by the Center for Innovation and Excellence (CIE).
What will you do?
- Act as lead change manager to the site. Manage risk, issues and participate in the removal of barriers to ensure completion of continuous improvement milestones on task and budget. Teach and mentor formal and informal change managers and enablers to optimize the ability of the site to effectively implement change at the optimal pace and sustainability
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team. Manage activities with leaders across other sites and CIE to optimize overall [Company] Phosphates CI path and output. Manage the project portfolio, reporting status and benefits of projects in conjunction with the management team.
- Assess and oversee the optimization of the facility performance management system to improve plant metrics, cadence, systems, reliability, engagement, safety, and quality, Manage and report the performance management specifics to the facility management team including metric generation, meeting cadence, meeting effectives (including dialogues).
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitor other facilities CI path and performance through formal assessment and informal visits. Use these activities to share best practices and incorporate learnings into their facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Technical/ Business. Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience; demonstrated leadership and management experience with an understanding of the dynamics of interpersonal relationships.
- Experience creating and executing Continuous Improvement activities that drive organizational results and change.
- Formal training in Change Management, Continuous Improvement (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizan, Workout), Performance Management
- Microsoft MS Office Suite, familiarity with plant operations software (i.e., PI, OIS and MOIS) and statistical analysis software
- Very strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills (without authority), with ability to use fact-based and well-thought-out arguments to challenge all levels or change behavior/techniques as required.
- Ability to hold performance dialogues and identify root-causes of problems with all levels of the organizations. Drives to actionable outcomes and follows up on results
- Proficiency in training, communication, presentations skills and development of materials
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List