Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769426 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 15, 2012
- The[Company] , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, [Company] offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. [Company] employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to [Company] not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Compensation Consultant?
- We are currently seeking a Compensation Consultant for our Plymouth, MN location. The Compensation Consultant will consult with business unit and HR generalist partners to find solutions to employee compensation issues, within a framework of center-led strategy, policy, programs and processes. This person will manage the effectiveness of base pay, short-term incentive, long-term incentive, and recognition programs within the business unit in order to optimize employee outcomes with business outcomes, including return on investment as well as evaluate the competitive positioning of the business unit's compensation program on a continuous basis and proactively recommends adjustments for key segments of the salaried or hourly workforce. In addition, this person will ensure that all elements of the business unit's compensation program complies with applicable laws and regulations, company key controls, and governance.
What will you do?
- Participates in or performs the planning, development, training, communication and implementation of all compensation programs and processes.
- Formulates compensation solutions, at the individual, group, classification or business unit level, that effectively meet business needs or objectives within established Company policy, program parameters or processes. Develops 3-year compensation strategy for the business unit and dashboard/ reporting system for assessing progress and drawing correlations to balanced scorecard and talent management measures.
- Works with People Leaders and HR generalists with the documentation, evaluation and slotting of jobs. Designs and modifies salary or hourly wage structures and prepares base and incentive compensation forecasts for financial and workforce planning purposes. Coaches/ guides management with job design and department or job family structure issues.
- Gathers and analyzes relevant external and internal trends and competitor pay practices for key compensation insights that are accurate and actionable. Manages base salary and other compensation programs to achieve program objectives and improve program effectiveness. Captures People Leader / recruiter/ HR generalist input on market trends influencing compensation policy or practices.
- Checks and maintains compliance of compensation programs with applicable country, provincial/ state and local laws and regulations.
- Partners with Legal to educate People Leaders and HR generalists on all aspects of compensation compliance and identification/ remediation of issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation roles with for-profit, large companies (preferably public).
- 3+ years of international compensation experience required.
- Base pay, STI and LTI design experience required.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment and have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project).
- Experience with Ceridian HRIS preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills, including excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills are required.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups towards consensus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List