Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
769656 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Fort McMurray, AB
September 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 26, 2012
Our client is one of the world's leading EPCM companies providing engineering, procurement, and construction services in Canada for more than 60 years. Presently their Oil & Gas business segment is ramping up their team for work on a large scale oil sands project based in Northern Alberta. There are multiple positions available for talented professionals with Oil & Gas experience including:
Job title: Construction Site Manager
Location: Project site near Fort McMurray, Alberta
Type: Contract (project scheduled to late 2014)
Camp accommodations and flights are provided for this 14/7 rotational position.
This role entails management of all phases of project activities covering a range of scopes that include multi-functional project execution teams, Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Operations, Commissioning and Project Close-Out. A Site Manager directs preparation of work plans, supervises project teams, and manages project scope, budget and schedule. Other duties may be assigned when appropriate, including sales support through the ability to formulate and lead project pursuit activities from project identification, through proposal preparation to contract negotiations.
- Develops and implements a safety and security program for all company personnel and contractors as well as establishes procedures to monitor the overall site safety program.
- Maintains a personal standard of Client Service excellence promoting integrity, consistency, company core values, diversity, and fairness for; all employees, subcontractors, vendors, and project participants.
- Manages and executes assigned projects in accordance with the requirements of the contract among the company, Client, and company's operating policies and principles.
- Executes the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work planned & performed.
- Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of the work.
- Manages and controls project cost, schedule, and minimizes all Non-reimbursable costs.
- Participates in business development activities and promotes a professional and business-like relationship with the Client.
- Participates in the business development activities of subordinates.
- Develops and implements management, planning, and cost control systems consistent with the requirements of the contract and the company's policies.
- Implements, manages, and maintains an effective labor relations program to ensure labor harmony and that work proceeds without disruption.
- Manages the overall coordination and performance of all on-site activities and implements corrective action when necessary.
- Maintains pro-active liaison with Client Representatives to ensure proper and timely involvement and approvals as well as a professional and business-like Client/company relationship throughout the life of the project.
- Develops a construction staffing plan in cooperation with all company department supervisors, corporate construction management, and the Client
- Develops a business continuity plan to manage the site
- In conjunction with the Client, develops and maintains a harmonious and interactive relationship with the local community
- Establishes and maintains communications to ensure the accurate and timely flow of information in accordance with the Project Procedures Manual (PPM).
- Advises management regarding developments that could affect project profit, schedule, costs, client relations, and interdepartmental or inter-divisional relations.
- Remains alert to means and methods by which the operations of the project team may be improved as well as recommending revisions to the operating plan and detailed functioning of the task force, when appropriate.
- Identifies and evaluates items that constitute an increase or decrease in schedule or costs and reviewing and initiating deviation notices and change orders, as required.
- Develops and coordinates a constructability review program during the engineering and construction phases of a project.
- Prepares weekly reports for the project to keep Sr. Management informed of construction progress and the status of costs and schedule as related to the budgets and previous forecasts.
- Appraises the functional department managers regarding the performance of project team members who are under the supervision of the Construction Director.
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience required
- 18+ years of experience
- Must have a proven track record of successful execution of Heavy Industrial Projects to include: Refineries, Upgraders, Oil Sands, Mining or Power
- Canadian experience required
- Module Experience is also a plus
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List