Global contractor requires QA Manager for Multibillion dollar mine pit-to-port infrastructure project. Don’t miss out on this rare and exciting opportunity. Put your experience to work & enjoy the success of being part of a specialised team on this landmark project.
Our client is a global contractor who has positioned themselves as a preferred contractor for the design, procurement and construction of large scale multibillion mine infrastructure projects in the Pilbara. This reputation is indicative of their longstanding relationships with the major miners that continually exceed expectation in terms of quality and standard of work.
The embodiment of professionalism at all times our client has recently been awarded a multibillion dollar package to construct an Iron Ore Processing Plant and Material Handling Facilities for a leading Greenfield WA mining project which has gained international recognition for its output potential and world class mining resources.
With early works underway the necessity for a site QA Manager has become an urgent requirement. From design to project delivery you will play an integral part in the construction process in ensure the effective implementation and ongoing improvement quality management systems on site. With the scope of work covering the entirety of all material handling and processing facilities on site experience managing the quality function on major resource projects is a must. This will be an interesting and rewarding project to deploy your skills where your input will be held in high regard and successful project outcomes rewarded.
Reporting to the Program Director the ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to compliance with proven experience in managing construction and budgeting activities on major projects. In conjunction with these noted capabilities this position should resonate with professionals who exhibit in-depth knowledge and experience of design outputs for constructability, construction programs, schedules and coordinating the deployment of resources.
Evolving from construction tertiary qualifications or a strong trades background duties & responsibilities will extend to the following;
- Liaise with third party certification bodies to ensure audits and corrective actions are implemented
- Develop and maintain project verification and audit inspections
- Develop and maintain business Quality Plan, Manuals and Regulatory Approvals
- Define supplier and contractor quality management requirements, including inspection and test plans
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers,
And much more
If you are a leader in your field and are looking for an opportunity to advance our client is offering a long term position with ideal working conditions that exceeds expectation
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a QAQC role
- Trades background with 5 years multidisciplinary construction experience or Degree
- Sound knowledge of Construction (Structural/Civil/Piping/Mechanical)
- A proven track record working on large scale projects
- A proven track record of delivering on projects
- Well-developed interpersonal/communication skills including report writing
- Be able to work in harsh environments
- An ability to adapt to the various internal procedures of the contracting party
- Be able to liaise with clients on all levels