An experienced drilling professional is required to join a Sydney based oil and gas operating company in the role of Drilling Manager. The company have interests in both conventional and coal seam gas and this role will report directly into senior management. Responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of Scope of Works for procurement and contract services.
- Provision of advice and recommendations on drilling practices and use and selection of equipment.
- Maintain technical knowledge of drilling service offerings and relevant current and emerging technologies.
- Development of drilling plans including the preparation of:
- Equipment requirements and specifications;
- Equipment and service cost estimates;
- Drilling AFE 's;
- Drilling operation close out reports; and
- Equipment Inspections
- Provision of regular reports to the Company on progress of any drilling activities or other work undertaken for the Company under the supervision of the Contractor.
- Drilling cost control
Suitable applicants will have;
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong field experience
- Coal seam gas experience
- Experience of horizontal drilling
- Strong understanding of drilling and CSG fundamentals
A Salary banding of $240,000 + $270,000 + Super + Bonus is available for this role depending on skills and experience.